To: FBC Members and Friends
As of today, the Center for Disease and Control (CDC) recommends all citizens to restrict public meetings or gatherings to 10 people for the next 15 days. As a result, the normal FBC Worship Service will not be held in the Church Sanctuary for the next two Sundays. As conditions and CDC recommendations change, more guidance on future worship services, bible study and church meetings will be shared.
Effective this Sunday, March 22, 2020 Worship Service will be available for viewing through the FBC Website (fbcaiken.com) and the FBC Facebook Page (friendshipbcaiken). The service will be linked to the FBC website for viewing only. Streaming Live service will start at 10:00am.
Tithes and Offerings can be made three ways:
1. Mail to Friendship Baptist Church; 515 Richland Avenue; Aiken, SC 29801
2. In Person – drop off at the FBC Administration Office (during normal office hours Monday through Friday 8am-2pm)
3. Online giving is now available through Givelify. FBC is now setup to receive offerings through a free online and mobile app. www.givelify.com “Friendship Baptist Church 515 Richland Avenue Aiken, SC 29801 / 803-648-9290.
• All FBC meetings and activities are postponed until further notice.
• Joint Fellowship with South Aiken Presbyterian Church ( Sunday, March 29, 2020) postponed until a later date.
• All major church projects are postponed until this crisis is over.
• Anyone experiencing symptoms should seek medical attention.
• The elderly should stay home and not be at risk.
In closing, please pray for a cure, Our Country and Country’s leadership. “Listen to my prayer, O God; don’t hide yourself when I cry to you.” Psalm 51:1 (TLB)
Rev. Clinton Edwards, Jr. M.Div Pastor
ABOUT FRIENDSHIP BAPTIST
WHAT WE BELIEVE
We believe that the Holy Bible was written by men divinely inspired, and is a perfect treasure of heavenly instruction; that it has God for its author, salvation for its end, and truth without any mixture of error for its matter;
RICH IN HISTORY
The earliest written history of Friendship African Baptist Church, tells of a group of worshippers who gathered to worship in a brush harbor on Kershaw Street on the southern side of the railroad tracks.
OUR MISSION AND PURPOSE
The purpose of this Church shall be to foster and maintain public worship, to carry out the great Commission of Jesus Christ, to promote Christian fellowship, spiritual growth among its members, Bible study, instruction in Bible Doctrine,
Friendship Baptist Church (FBC) routinely has community related information that is vital to the community that we serve.